The Annual General Assembly meeting, (AGM) of the Nigerian National League, (NNL), has proposed direct promotion for all eight qualified teams from its four groups to the elite league, Nigerian Premier Football League, NPFL.
The Assembly after its sitting on Saturday night in Abuja said the proposal is expedient going by circumstantial situation.
- Although, the proposal is still subject to ratification from the League Management Company, LMC, after submission, yet the body of the congress has scrapped the Super 8 play-off which serves as avenue to determine the promoting teams, even it would no longer be on their agenda next football season.
Also, the Congress has proposed 2018/19 season to kick off on January, 19, 2019 in an abridged version of four groups.
However, with the new arrangement, top finishers and runners up in each of the four groups will gain automatic promotion to the Premier League.
To this end, teams like Gombe United, Real Stars, Kogi United and Kada City are beneficiaries from Groups A1&2.
Remo Stars, Delta Force, Bendel Insurance and Shooting Stars are the favoured from Groups B 1&2.
It would be recalled that the draws of the Nigerian Premier Football League were done in Asaba, Delta State on Tuesday without any of the NNL qualifying teams.
Profil de l'auteur
- Headline News2019.07.16Asaba, Enugu, Makurdi And Jos To Host NNL Promotion Playoff On Monday July 22
- Headline News2019.07.16Kaduna City To Host Aiteo FA Cup Final Between Niger Tornadoes And Kano Pillars
- FIFA2019.07.12[Nigeria] FIFA U-17 WC: Nigeria Golden Eaglets Drawn In Group B
- Headline News2019.07.12[Nigeria] HIFL 2019: LASU Blazers, UI Poineers, FUTMINNA Transformer And Unilorin Warriors Book Round Of 16 Spot