The League Management Company (LMC) have Sanctions Katsina United for breach of Fair Play Principles.
The LMC Imposes N1m fine and possible relocation from home ground.
Katsina United is to pay a fine of N1million and face possible relocation to another stadium for severally not allowing visiting teams access to train on their registered home ground for matches as provided by the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) Framework and Rules.
The League Management Company (LMC) announced the penalties after reviewing the complaints by three other clubs and a similar complaint by Rangers International which were prevented from gaining access to the Mohammed Dikko Stadium on Tuesday for a rescheduled fixture.
Following a charge of misconduct in breach of Rule C1 of the Rules, the LMC exercised its summary jurisdiction to impose the fine on Katsina United.
Salihu Abubakar, the LMC Chief Operating Officer in a letter conveying the decision to the club, stated, “You are in breach of Rule C1 (Misconduct) of the Framework and Rules of the Nigeria Professional Football League, in that you severally prevented or failed to permit the visiting teams from gaining access to your registered home ground for the scheduled pre-match training, thereby failing, inter alia, to act in the best interest of the game and comply with the principles of fair play and sportsmanship”.
“Consequently, the LMC intends to exercise its summary jurisdiction and to impose on you the following sanctions:
1. A fine of One Million Naira (N1, 000, 000.00) for the several acts of misconduct and
2. A caution, to with, in the event of a repeated breach, further or more severe sanctions could be applied, including but not limited to relocation of the club to another ground in the overriding interest and other considerations”
Katsina United have under the rules 48 hours to respond in writing with an option to accept the decision of the LMC or enter for a hearing.
MFM, Kwara United, Insurance of Benin and Lobi Stars variously complained of inability to access the stadium for pre-match training.
Profil de l'auteur
- Football2019.11.22[Nigeria] NPFL: LMC Fines Nasarawa United, Orders Home Matches Behind Closed Doors
- Football2019.11.21[Nigeria] NPFL 2019/2020: MFM Force Impressive Warri Wolves To A Score Draw
- Football2019.11.20[Nigeria] NPFL 2019/2020: Sunshine Stars Edge Aba Elephants In Akure
- Football2019.11.20NPFL Week Four Wraps: Plateau United, MFM, Wolves Maintains Unbeaten Run… As Jigawa, Rivers, Sunshine Record First Win Of The Season