The Higher Institutions Football League, HIFL, group stage draw was held yesterday at the Oriental Hotel in Lagos.
The draw saw schools – who are members of NUGA – seeded against each other in a group of 8.
24 schools qualified through the knockouts while 4 schools got the wild card and 4 finalist from the 2018 edition complete the 32 teams to participate.
The competition is billed to start in June an to be played over a period of two weeks. The group stage matches will be played in a normal cup format and the two best teams will qualify for the round of 16, a stage where the home and away format will be introduced.
Agege Township stadium in Lagos state will host the super four to determine the winner of the competition.
However, the event also witnessed the unveiling of Jersey to be used by participating team.
- University of Lagos, Lagos state.
- Federal University of Technology, Akure
- Ekiti State University, Ekiti
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife
- University of Ibadan
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-ekiti
- Lead City University, Ibadan
- Lagos state University, Ojo
- University of Uyo
- Ignatius Ajuru University of Education, Port Harcourt
- Delta State University
- University of Calabar
- Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike
- Enugu State University
- Rivers state University
- Niger Delta University
- University of Benin
- Federal University of Oye-Ekiti
- Federal University Ndufu Alike Ikwo,
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Nile University
- Federal University of Technology, Minna
- Plateau state University
- University of Ilorin.
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Kano State University of Science and Technology, Wudil.
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi
- University of Maiduguri
- Bayero University, Kano
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi
- Benue State University, MakurdiUniversity of Agriculture, Makurdi