Ghana Black Stars have encountered Fourteen penalty shootouts since 1973 and have won just four of it. Five of the Fourteen have come at the AFCON and Ghana have won just once and it happened in 1982. Ghana has failed to win the last four Penalty shootouts at AFCON after becoming the first country to win a penalty shootout at Confederation level.
* Ghana Black Stars and Penalty Shoot-outs.
* Ghana Black stars have been faced an opponent at the penalty shoot-outs on Fourteen occasions since 1973.
penalty Shootouts – 14
Ghana wins – 4
Loose – 10
* Ghana Black Stars penalty shootouts at AFCON Finals.
Penalty Shootouts played – 5
Ghana wins – 1
Ghana Lost – 4
* The last time Ghana won a penalty shootout at AFCON was 19th March, 1982 against Libya. That is also the only penalty shootouts victory for Black Stars at the AFCON.
NB: Ghana has lost the last five penalty shootouts at AFCON.
1973: (AFCON 1974 Qualifiers)
Senegal 1-0 Ghana
NB: Ghana won 5-3 on penalties.
NB: At that time, goals for was not countered but rather points. Ghana won the 1st leg 3-2 in Ghana.
1975: (AFCON 1976 Qualifiers)
Morocco 2-0 Ghana
NB: Morocco won 6-5 on penalties after 2-2 on aggregate. (Ghana won the 1st leg 2-0 in Kumasi).
1977: (All African games Qualifiers)
NB: All the zone III games were held in Abidjan. Liberia and Sierra Leon withdrew from the qualification tournament.
1st game in Abidjan
Ghana 2-1 Ivory Coast
2nd game in Abidjan
Ivory Coast 2-1 Ghana
NB: Ivory Coast won 3-2 on penalties.
1982: (AFCON in Libya)
Ghana 1-1 Libya
NB: Ghana won 7-6 on penalties.
1984 (WAFU Zone III in Burkina Faso)
Grand-Final in Ouagadougou
Ghana 1-1 Togo
NB: Ghana won 4-3 on penalties
1989: (AFCON 1990 Qualifiers)
Ghana 1-0 Gabon
NB: Gabon won 5-3 on penalties after 1-1 on aggregate.
1992: (AFCON in Senegal)
Ghana 0-0 Ivory Coast
NB: Ivory Coast won 11-10 on penalties.
1993: (Black Stars Tournament in Gabon, Libreville)
Mali 1-1 Ghana
NB: Mali won 5-3 on penalties.
2003: (Four Nation Tournament in Tunisia)
Tunisia 2-2 Ghana
NB: Tunisia won 8-7 on penalties.
3rd Place game
Ghana 3-3 Madagascar
NB Ghana won 10-9 on penalties.
2010: (World Cup Quarter-Final in South Africa)
Ghana 1-1 Uruguay
NB: Uruguay won 4-2 on penalties.
2013: (AFCON final in South Africa)
Burkina Faso 1-1 Ghana
NB: Burkina Faso won 3-2 on penalties.
2015: (AFCON Final in Equatorial Guinea)
Ivory Coast 0-0 Ghana
NB: Ivory Coast won 9-8 on penalties.
2019: (AFCON Final in Egypt)
Round of 16
Ghana 1-1 Tunisia
NB: Tunisia won 5-4 on penalties
Profil de l'auteur
- Player Speech2019.08.20[Ghana] I am delighted to have made my official debut in Coppa Italia . – Kingsley Michael
- Women Football2019.08.19[Ghana] Police Ladies Claim Bronze In International Football Festival In Togo.
- Headline News2019.08.19[Ghana] Sogne Yacouba agrees to extend contract with Asante Kotoko
- Pro League 22019.08.19[Ghana] Exclusive: I’mSatisfied With The Output Of My Boys, Claims Maestro As NKYENKYENKYE FC Returns From Their Training Tour