– Victor Osimhen played his first match for Lille and the Nigerian scored a brace
Super Eagles striker Victor Osimhen was in superb form on Sunday, August 11, as he scored brace on his debut for his new club Lille in their 2-1 win over Nantes.
Osimhen joined the French giants as a replacement for Ivory Coast international Nicolas Pepe and he has however proven that he is a worthy replacement.
He found himself in blissful solitude in front of goal as he fired past Alban Lafont in the 19th minute to score his first goal.
Nantes got a lucky break early in the second half as a Zeki Celik own goal drew level for the away side.
But Osimhen would just not be denied his debut win. With ten minutes of play left of the game, the U-17 FIFA World Cup winner rose to the occasion to slam home the winner off a Zeki Celik assist.
Profil de l'auteur
- CAF2019.10.18[Nigeria] CHAN 2020 Qualifiers: 20 Home Based Eagles Ready To Gun The Sparrowhawk’s Of Togo
- Headline News2019.10.18[Nigeria] 2019 Bet9ja Royal Cup: FC Galaxy Qualify For Round Of 16 As Teams Celebrate #NonLeagueDayNigeria On Match Day Two
- Headline News2019.10.17[Nigeria] 2019 Bet9ja Royal Cup: Final Set Of Opening Group Fixtures Produce It’s Fair Of Drama
- CAF2019.10.17[Nigeria] Super Eagles Of Nigeria Rated 19th Most Valuable National Team