– Victor Osimhen played his first match for Lille and the Nigerian scored a brace
Super Eagles striker Victor Osimhen was in superb form on Sunday, August 11, as he scored brace on his debut for his new club Lille in their 2-1 win over Nantes.
Osimhen joined the French giants as a replacement for Ivory Coast international Nicolas Pepe and he has however proven that he is a worthy replacement.
He found himself in blissful solitude in front of goal as he fired past Alban Lafont in the 19th minute to score his first goal.
Nantes got a lucky break early in the second half as a Zeki Celik own goal drew level for the away side.
But Osimhen would just not be denied his debut win. With ten minutes of play left of the game, the U-17 FIFA World Cup winner rose to the occasion to slam home the winner off a Zeki Celik assist.
Profil de l'auteur
- Headline News2019.08.20[Nigeria] Bet9ja Royal Cup: Platform For Good Grassroot Teams To Excel
- Headline News2019.08.19[Nigeria] Asaba To Host Inaugural Governor Okowa Preseason Tournament
- Abroad2019.08.18[Nigeria] Players Abroad: Ndidi On Target As Leicester City Hold Chelsea To A Draw At Stamford Bridge
- Headline News2019.08.17[Nigeria] Unity FC Of Asaba Target 2019 Bet9ja Royal Cup Triumph