After thorough consideration on the unprecedented situation caused by Covid-19 Pandemic on all FERWAFA sanctioned competitions;
Basing on competence of the FERWAFA Executive Committee as stipulated in article 33 of the FERWAFA Statutes and article 28 of the FERWAFA Internal rules and regulations, the FERWAFA Executive Committee met on May 22, 2020 and passed the following resolutions while considering the principle of integrity of each league/competition as stated below:
Rwanda Premier League
1. To consider standings of the Rwanda Premier League after Match Day 23 and declare APR FC Champions which leads the Rwanda Premier League with 57 points for the season 2019/2020. Match Day 24 has been cancelled to clubs that had played these matches since it was not fully played.
2. Based on Match Day 23 standings, HEROES FC and GICUMBI FC with 16 points and 15 points respectively are therefore relegated to second division league for the 2020/2021 season.
FERWAFA Men’s Second Division
3. As per the first leg standings of the 2019/2020 FERWAFA Men’s Second Division, play-offs competition will be staged to determine the winner of the season and the two teams which will earn promotion to Rwanda Premier League for 2020/2021 season.
Therefore, only the leading four clubs in Pool A and leading four clubs in Pool B, that were licenced in accordance with FERWAFA Club Licencing Regulations will take part in the above-mentioned play-off competition.
FERWAFA will continue monitoring the situation with the aim of scheduling the play-off competition.
FERWAFA Women’s First & Second Division
4. Due to the nature of women competitions, the 2020 edition of the women’s first and second division leagues are hereby suspended and will resume when Government of Rwanda eases lock-down on sporting activities.
FERWAFA Peace Cup 2020 Edition (Men and Women)
5. The Men’s and Women’s Peace Cup 2020 Editions are declared null and void.
FERWAFA Youth Competitions
6. All FERWAFA Youth Competitions in all age categories for 2020 edition are postponed.