The Annual General Assembly meeting, (AGM) of the Nigerian National League, (NNL), has proposed direct promotion for all eight qualified teams from its four groups to the elite league, Nigerian Premier Football League, NPFL.
The Assembly after its sitting on Saturday night in Abuja said the proposal is expedient going by circumstantial situation.
- Although, the proposal is still subject to ratification from the League Management Company, LMC, after submission, yet the body of the congress has scrapped the Super 8 play-off which serves as avenue to determine the promoting teams, even it would no longer be on their agenda next football season.
Also, the Congress has proposed 2018/19 season to kick off on January, 19, 2019 in an abridged version of four groups.
However, with the new arrangement, top finishers and runners up in each of the four groups will gain automatic promotion to the Premier League.
To this end, teams like Gombe United, Real Stars, Kogi United and Kada City are beneficiaries from Groups A1&2.
Remo Stars, Delta Force, Bendel Insurance and Shooting Stars are the favoured from Groups B 1&2.
It would be recalled that the draws of the Nigerian Premier Football League were done in Asaba, Delta State on Tuesday without any of the NNL qualifying teams.
Profil de l'auteur
Derniers articles de l'auteur
- National Cups2018.12.14Flying Eagles In Group A Alongside Niger, South Africa And Burundi In CAF Under20 Tournament
- National Teams2018.12.13WAFU B Under20 Cup: Nigeria Beat Ghana, To Play Mali In The Semi Finals
- National Cups2018.12.12Bet9ja NNL Promotion Saga Continues As Remo Stars And Others Withdraw From Promotion Playoff
- National Cups2018.12.12Beach AFCON 2018: Nigeria Qualify For 2019 FIFA Beach World Cup After Beating Egypt 7-6 In The Semi Finals